PDA

View Full Version : An easy way to steal Electronics from Wal-Mart

alex
02-15-2007, 06:08 PM
An Easy Way to Steal Electronics from Wal-Mart or Target
by Sara Smith

Here is a step-by-step explanation of an easy way to steal from Wal-Mart, and probably Target as well. It truly does work!

1. Walk in seperate entrances and work your way back to electronics.

2. One person should carry a rather large purse or messenger bag. Make sure it's not so big it will attract attention. Have cardboard or something around the edges so it looks full the whole time. A girl would be better at this, although guys can carry messenger bags.

3. The other person will pick up a cheap DVD and purchase it at the electronics counter. Once it has been deactivated, subtly trade it for the SAME DVD, that has NOT been deactivated.

4. Now you and your friend shop for DVDs. pick whatever you want that will fit in the bag.

5. Make your way over to clothing. Your friend puts clothes over the DVDs and then goes to the fitting room. She/he puts the DVDs in her/his bag and then reemerges with the clothes.

6. Make your way to the front, looking like you aren't together.

7. Once at the entrance, you walk through first. Since you have an activated DVD the alarm will trip. Your friend walks through second, undetected because you are "caught".

8. Your friend continues to walk and they WILL NOT pull that person aside. They DO, however, pull you aside.

9. Act friendly and a bit confused. Show them your receipt when they ask. Since you have no stolen merchandise, all it looks like is your purchase was not deactivated. The greeter will generally just grumble and send you on your way.

And voila! A few modifications to this plan can be made. For example:

A) if you can't pay for it in the section, have your friend open one of the DVDs and peel off the security strip. Sick it on after you've paid at the front, either to the bag or the bottom of the DVD, it isn't too important where.

And remember:

A) Make sure your friend waits untill the alarm is tripped. If for some reason it does not sound, she/he should run to the bathroom and ditch the stolen items.

B) Try to scope out the store beforehand. It's good to know the layout and have an idea of what to do to make it go more smoothly.

C) Walk around seperately as well. Keep in contact through texting or cell phone calls.

D) Above all, ACT NATURAL!!!

:eek:

louis
02-15-2007, 07:13 PM
put something in a bag with tin foil around it, the alarm wont sound

Tim
02-15-2007, 07:14 PM
Thats a shit method.

DJROD
02-15-2007, 07:42 PM
Not trying to be mean....but i stopped reading when he said.." One should carry a large purse". Man...im not tryin to get my old ass thrown in jail.

_Ri
02-16-2007, 08:20 AM
The security strip that Wal-Mart/Wal-greens put on their products is so easy to exploit it's not even funny. I used to steal Coriciden DM (Yes, the cough medicine, because the DXM makes you trip BALLS) and all you had to do was take the pills out of the box where the strip is and you're set to go.

Also if it is too difficult/obvious to remove the product from it's casing (where the strip is) you only need to place it into some kind of metal container such as tin-foil like shloop said.

Point is- there's a much easier way of doing the exact same thing.

Also see my post on getting free stuff from Home Depot on Logik's free stuff thread.

:edit:

If you're concerned about security/cameras bring a bag of potato chips with you and just eat them as you 'shop'. Examine random items to throw them off and then just discretely slip whatever you want into the bag, strip or not, if you carry the bag above the security-strip detector at the front, it won't detect it, obviously ;P

I do it by carrying some other object with both of my hands and putting the potato chip bag temporarily in my mouth to make it look as if I need both of my hands free. My head is taller than the detector, so ;x

louis
02-16-2007, 08:32 AM
alos a magent will render it useless

undesirable
02-16-2007, 09:15 AM
how is wrapping a DVD in alumninum foil easier than putting it in your purse?

_Ri
02-16-2007, 10:18 AM
Because putting it in your purse doesn't stop the detector from detecting it, and is a lot riskier.

Ultimately, wrapping it in tinfoil or placing it inside of any other metal/magnetised container requires just as much effort, but yields better results.

undesirable
02-16-2007, 12:40 PM
I read somewhere that Walmart is going to stop prosecuting thefts under 25 dollars. Might as well walk out with a DVD in your hand.

Logik
02-16-2007, 12:43 PM
An easy way to steal undesirable's dignity

Shit nvm too late

loljk <3

undesirable
02-16-2007, 12:46 PM
FUCK YOU!
lolzJK
notrly

_Ri
02-16-2007, 01:33 PM
I read somewhere that Walmart is going to stop prosecuting thefts under 25 dollars. Might as well walk out with a DVD in your hand.

Only time I pay for DVDs is when I don't download them. And I pay exactly how much I'm supposed to pay;

The case; made from plastic-bound paper = $1.00 USD
The dvd; thin sheet of metal enclosed in plastic = $0.50 USD

Total = $1.50, then run.

Seriously though - The movie has already made millions off theatre sales, and well, BlockBuster, WalMart, and all the rest of em are a bunch of scheming, monopolising corporate assholes who are too rich for their own good, and there's no way they can 'not' pay their employees with so many worker-protection laws in place.

Chaldo
02-16-2007, 02:10 PM
too much shit to do to steal a dvd hears what u do

1. take the dvd
2. go to dressing room to try on somthing close door open dvd take dvd and put it in a big pocket or somthing
3. Throw the case away somewhere like try to find a garbage or hide it somewhere behind the clothes.
4. leave store

its not that hard.

_Ri
02-16-2007, 02:40 PM
Or, you could just put the case back where you found it, by the time they find out you've taken it you're long gone.

Unfortunately some stores have gotton more clever and no longer put the dvd's in their cases, but store them seperately (i.e; customer gets case for the movie he wants, clerk gives him the movie after he pays for it at the counter)

Mike the Kike
02-16-2007, 03:05 PM
Strong earth magnets can completely fuck up a metal detector, maybe even a theft detector. I was able to get a knife onto an airplane at a NYC airport with only a few grams of neodymium attached to the blade.

_Ri
02-16-2007, 03:36 PM
Nice. Are you a terrorist?

All jokes aside, I've found tons of ways to get lots of shit for free, maybe I should post more tutorials.

vandaL
02-16-2007, 03:59 PM
you can just put metal type on the thingy and walk out..

Mike the Kike
02-16-2007, 05:04 PM
no RI, that's chaldo.
I was just doing it to test weaknesses in their system... the same reason you 'hack'. I felt like notifying the airport about this glaring security breach, but i'm on probation and I really dont feel like talking with cops or security people any more than I have to >.>

alex
02-16-2007, 05:04 PM

All jokes aside, I've found tons of ways to get lots of shit for free, maybe I should post more tutorials.

That would be great :D Ill post some more too.

Chaldo
02-16-2007, 06:10 PM
Or, you could just put the case back where you found it, by the time they find out you've taken it you're long gone.

Unfortunately some stores have gotton more clever and no longer put the dvd's in their cases, but store them seperately (i.e; customer gets case for the movie he wants, clerk gives him the movie after he pays for it at the counter)

No you do not return that shit because um SOMEONE MIGHT SEE IT OPEN... and you don't want to give a chance getting caught.

I guarantee you walmart does not store there dvd's aside only stores like blockbuster does that.

Opk shut up im not a terrorist.

Magik
02-21-2007, 07:21 PM
lol@terrorist
Yeah there are tons of tutorials for stealing stuff. I'll post the quick starbucks tutorials I made:
More risky (easier):
Walk to starbucks by yourself and make sure there is a good crowd. Then walk in and make your way to the table where they leave the drinks when they are done. Wait there for a little bit and then just take any drink you want. OR tell them that you have not recieved your order and you are waiting for a X&X&X&X. Then if they say 'We are sorry but nobody ordered that' you look at your watch and say 'Oh shit, I have to be somewhere, cancel that order'. This confuses them because there is no order, and you have just ran out. If they say 'One moment sir' you are good to go. Works 94% for me!

The 2nd order:
Walk in to Starbucks by yourself and make your way to the counter that they leave the drinks on. Then wait there until you see something that you like. Now instead of taking it immediately after someone takes it go to the person at the counter and tell them that someone seems to have taken your drink. They will then ask you what you ordered. When they look in the computer they will see that it was ordered just a few minutes ago (thats why you must choose a drink that someone is taking). They will make you another and your on your way. If they do not make you another complain. If you really feel guilty or are in a bad position offer to buy the drink again (so you don't seem as guilty). Works 100% for me!

You've got my drink trick:
Wait at the counter where they leave the drinks and make sure you are at the front. (note: for best results make sure there is a crowd with people that have around the same height as you). Now, when a drink is coming just take it and grab a straw. Then walk out. However, if someone else tries to take the same drink as you, you have 2 choices. You can say 'Excuse me, I ordered this' (do it with meaning, and with a steady voice) then leave or if you are feeling guilty you can say 'Oh this must be yours, sorry!'.

These were thought up by me, but I am sure other people have done the same. I was the first person to share in my part of town so yeah... OK!

undesirable
02-21-2007, 09:43 PM
Names are written on the drinks and anybody can remember a face for more than 3 minutes.

Magik
02-23-2007, 07:40 AM
Hahahahahhaahahhahahaha roflmao you are joking right? They write names on the drinks now? Maybe in the USA but logik, I, and this 'Ross' guy live in UK so we are fine. To bad I am moving back to the states soon....whatever I will steal from walmart.

DJROD
02-23-2007, 08:24 AM
I had to laugh at 'the ross guy' RRRROFFFFLLLLL!!

Fred
02-23-2007, 06:38 PM
Take the case and peel off the strip, stash the case somewhere on your person (big pockets etc) then when you go to leave stick the tag on the cart or bag of the person in front of you, they trip the alarm and you walk out.
Or just peel and put them on carts when people are looking for good laughs.

lexxie
02-23-2007, 07:12 PM
Why not just fucking pay for it.

Fred
02-23-2007, 07:16 PM
Psh, that costs money.

t0Ner
02-23-2007, 09:38 PM
shyt all u really have to do now a days is take a razor and cut open the dvds and jus take the movie out and dump the case in the bathroom or put it back where it goes.. customers used to do that when i worked at bestbuy they wont know the shyts missing till the end of the nite when they walk the dept =)

Gamer
02-24-2007, 04:04 PM
nice lol i should try it:D